BUSINESSES YOU CAN START WITH N100,000 OR LESS OR NOTHING AT ALL
By Lois Iorvihi
“If money is what is holding you from making money, you’re not ready to make money” – Dare, 2016
Opportunities abound in this country. It is not easy, yes. It is also not easy everywhere else. However, the Nigeria of today is not the Nigeria of yesterday. We are gradually becoming a service-based, production-driven, agriculture-centred economy. This is where we, the unemployed or underemployed or misemployed youth, are needed.
Below, I have listed some Businesses one can start with a capital of N100,000 or less. Some with little or no capital.
But remember that you need the 3 Ps; Product, People, Process
Also remember that as a new business, you need WOM: Word Of Mouth. So your integrity, Character and Business Ethics must be irreproachable.
REMEMBER TO CARRY OUT YOUR DUE DILIGENCE AND MARKET FEASIBILITY STUDIES.
1. Popcorn, chin-chin, groundnut and cashew nuts production, packaging and sales.
2. Dried sea foods packaging and sales
3. Okrika items sales (Bale dealership)
4. Shea butter and coconut oil production packaging and sales
QUALIFICATIONS BASED BUSINESSES
1. Private lessons and tutoring
2. Extracurricular Instructorship
3. Horticulture, landscaping, garden and farm consultancy and establishment
4. Caregiver for old, young and special needs people.
SKILLS BASED BUSINESSES
1. Website designing and software development
2. Audiovisual Business
3. Cooking, baking, tailoring, shoemaking, gele-tying, make-up training.
4. Equipment and machinery repairs.
AGRICULTURE BASED BUSINESSES
You don’t need huge lands for these.
1. Fingerlings production
2. Rabbit farming
3. Snail farming
4. Smoothies and fresh fruits juice production and packaging.
5. Mushroom and vegetables farming (Vertical Sack farming)
6. Sourcing, supply and export of agricultural produce.
7. Catfish drying, packaging and sales
Check out the ones and that fit your skillset, capabilities, location and resources. Explore further.
Tomorrow, I MAY discuss Business name and company incorporation and how to get your company registered without a legal practitioner, at the Corporate Affairs Commission. You can get your certificate of incorporation in a month
Please, share. Someone may need this.